Warning!! Do not attempt to eat because you will be tempted to :-)
This is a great body butter for those who would like to have a natural bronzing butter and also achieve that sun tan glowing look.
Ingredients1 cup (8 oz) shea butter
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup good olive oil
1/4 cup mango butter
1-2 Tablespoons cocoa or cacao powder
1 Tablespoon cornstarch/arrowroot powder
1 teaspoon naturally-derived Vitamin E oil (optional) (find GMO-free Vitamin E oil)
5-10 drops essential oil (I used peppermint) or fragrance oil
- Using a double boiler (or a small bowl that fits over a small pot), melt the shea butter, mango butter and coconut oil on low heat. When they become completely liquified, remove from heat. Let cool for 30 minutes.
- Then mix in the olive oil, cacao powder, arrowroot powder/cornstarch, essential oil and vitamin E.
- Place the oil mixture in the freezer to firm up.
- When the oil mixture is partially solidified, remove from freezer and whip the partially-solidified mixture until peaks form. (The consistency will be like whipped butter!)
- Scoop into a clean, glass jar or container.
You can always substitute the butters for any other butters like murumuru, coffee, aloe and much more. You can purchase your butters from Amazon, Ebay and Mountain Rose Herbs.
Too lazy to make it? Then purchase it from my etsy shop